One Touch of Venus - 2012 Studio Cast

senior153 wrote on September 10, 2012

I love the JAY/TER Company. Mr Yap has done so much good for the musicals, brilliantly restoring them, old and some newer ones and presenting them in wonderful productions in and of themselves. This will be another one, I'm sure...........except..........for the actual cover......of this CD. Now, Miss Enricco is a beautiful lady, and the photo is beautifully done. But, in my opinion, this cover isn't right for a musical, maybe for "Playboy". but not here. I don't know what the original art work was for this show (some wonderful 40's art deco, maybe).

Also, I love the ENCORE musicals, too, but they too used artwork suitable for "Playboy", for their "Gentleman Prefer Blondes" release, beautiful people for sure, (check out the art work for Channing and revival cast CD's.) As I say, it's only my opinion, I have nothing negative to say about "Playboy" or the lovely ladies, It's just that were talking Broadway, West End and movie musicals, and we have fixed ideas about them.........at least, I do.......have a nice day.

vladdy wrote on April 16, 2014

I think it's safe to say you have never seen a "Playboy".

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.