The Lion King - 2011 Tokyo Cast

hitormiss wrote on August 7, 2011

Is this a new recording or a release of ライオン キング [1999 Original Tokyo Cast]?

jasper050 wrote on August 8, 2011

This is a release of thé 1999 cast with extra karaoke tracs

GuidoContini wrote on August 8, 2011

http://www.disney.co.jp/records/lionking/rnrnAccording to this page, this recording is a new 2011 recording with cast listed on this page. There will also be a special edition with a DVD but only 19 tracks in the CD (without karaoke tracks). However, this special edition will be sold in some of Shiki's theaters or webshop only, rnrnInformation about the special edition on webshop:rnhttp://gdsk.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=02346-00

equisy wrote on October 4, 2011

This is just a release of The Lion King [1999 Original Tokyo Cast]

CardinalPirelli wrote on February 25, 2012

I've just compared these two recordings and they are most definitely different, with different solo vocals if not backing tracks or chorus. There are different vocal inflections, elongations of syllables etc. Whether they are different takes or a different cast I don't know but it's most definitely a different recording.

pxchar wrote on February 25, 2012

I wrote to Disney Theatrical in January 2012 and they confirmed that this is indeed a new recording of The Lion King. I hope this helps.

GuidoContini wrote on March 4, 2012

The link of disny.co.jp I provided above still works, Just delete the "rnrn" at the end (I don't know why it happend when I copy-past the link). If you can read Japanese, you can find the cast information of THIS NEW RECORDING on that page, which is not the same as the TRUE original Tokyo cast recording.

It seems that the limited version(CD +DVD) of this recording i added was deleted.......... However, thank God finally other guys could support the idea this IS a new recording. Thank you both.

GuidoContini wrote on March 4, 2012

Oh, I found the CD+DVD version was moved to the original Tokyo cast recording. Please move it back to the 2011 Tokyo Cast as it should be.

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.