Rock of Ages - 2012 Soundtrack

hitormiss wrote on June 10, 2012

The NYTimes has an exclusive video clip of Nothin' But a Good Time.

I enjoyed Rock of Ages in the theatre, but this movie looks like a train wreck...

annakwan78 wrote on June 17, 2012

I really enjoyed the musical production when it played in my city. I'm sad to say that I was less impressed with the movie version. The movie appeared way too "sanitized" to really portray the 1980s rock scene as it really was--really nitty-gritty. I think the producer and director were trying to appeal to the PG-13/Family audience so that the parents can vicariously re-live their youth, and take their kids with them in the process. And Tom Cruise's portrayal of Stacee Jaxx, while over-the-top, was not as self-entitled "couch jumping" crazy as his character should have been. I did, however, like the cringe-worthy tribute to the emerging boy bands of the late '80s and early '90s (as that was re-living MY childhood).

I wouldn't completely dismiss the movie as a train wreck, but it could have been so much more.

Let us hope that the film version of the musical Les Miserables (starring Hugh Jackman & Russell Crowe) playing this winter 2012 will top the London 25th Anniversary O2 production.

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.