Rainbow 'Round My Shoulder - 2008 Barbara Cook

Geoconno wrote on January 3, 2009

Until this website gets updated, here are the correct song sources for this album:

1. There's a Rainbow 'Round My Shoulder [film, THE SINGING FOOL] (words & music: Al Jolson, Billy Rose, Dave Dreyer) 2. Where or When [Babes in Arms] 3. Old Devil Moon [Finian's Rainbow] 4. He Loves and She Loves [Funny Face] 5. Lucky to Be Me [On the Town] 6. If I Ever Say I'm Over You [It's Only Life] [independent song] Used in a revue of John Bucchino's songs but not written for it. 7. Sooner or Later [Dick Tracy] This is not the Stephen Sondheim song from the film, DICK TRACY, but the song from the 1946 Disney film, SONG OF THE SOUTH, with the lyric by Ray Gilbert and the music by Charles Wolcott. 8. I'm Through With Love [independent song] (words: Gus Kahn / music: Matt Malneck, Fud Livingston) Smile [film, MODERN TIMES] (music: Charles Chaplin / words (added later): John Turner, Geoffrey Parsons) 9. Love Is Good for Anything That Ails You [independent song] (words & music: Cliff Friend, Matt Malneck) 10. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter [Ain't Misbehavin'] [independent song] This was used in the 1978 revue, AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' but it is an independent song from 1935 with words by Joe Young and music by Fred E. Ahlert--not by Fats Waller who is listed in the music credits on the site. I Wish I Could Forget You [Passion] 11. Harbour [independent song] (words & music: Peter Allen) 12. Cookin' Breakfast for the One I Love [film, BE YOURSELF] (words & music: Billy Rose, Henry Tobias) 13. Lost in the Stars [Lost in the Stars] (music: Kurt Weill / words: Maxwell Anderson) No More [Into the Woods] 14. Hallelujah, I Love Him So [independent song] (words & music: Ray Charles) 15. For All We Know [independent song] (words: Sam M. Lewis / music: J. Fred Coots)

Geoconno wrote on February 22, 2009

Until this website gets updated, here are the correct song sources for this album: 1. There's a Rainbow 'Round My Shoulder [film, THE SINGING FOOL] (words & music: Al Jolson, Billy Rose, Dave Dreyer) 2. Where or When [BABES IN ARMS] 3. Old Devil Moon [FINIAN'S RAINBOW] 4. He Loves and She Loves [FUNNY FACE] 5. Lucky to Be Me [ON THE TOWN] 6. If I Ever Say I'm Over You [independent song] (Used in a revue of John Bucchino's songs but not written for it.) 7. Sooner or Later [film, SONG OF THE SOUTH] (This is not the Stephen Sondheim song from the film, DICK TRACY, but the song from the 1946 Disney film, SONG OF THE SOUTH, with the lyric by Ray Gilbert and the music by Charles Wolcott.) 8. I'm Through With Love [independent song] (words: Gus Kahn / music: Matt Malneck, Fud Livingston) / Smile [film, MODERN TIMES] (music: Charles Chaplin / words (added later): John Turner, Geoffrey Parsons) 9. Love Is Good for Anything That Ails You [independent song] (words & music: Cliff Friend, Matt Malneck) 10. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter [independent song] (This was used in the 1978 revue, AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' but it is an independent song from 1935 with words by Joe Young and music by Fred E. Ahlert--not by Fats Waller who is listed in the music credits on the site) / I Wish I Could Forget You [PASSION] 11. Harbour [independent song] (words & music: Peter Allen) 12. Cookin' Breakfast for the One I Love [film, BE YOURSELF] (words & music: Billy Rose, Henry Tobias) 13. Lost in the Stars [LOST IN THE STARS] (music: Kurt Weill / words: Maxwell Anderson) No More [INTO THE WOODS] 14. Hallelujah, I Love Him So [independent song] (words & music: Ray Charles) 15. For All We Know [independent song] (words: Sam M. Lewis / music: J. Fred Coots)

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.