Mamma Mia! - 2008 Original Movie Soundtrack

TXTyler wrote on June 5, 2008

Will there be a special edition release with all of the music from the movie (underscoring, title music etc.)? I've heard mention of such a release, but I fear it's just a rumor. sad

solstrom wrote on June 7, 2008

For my part, I've got for the moment, only 5 tracks of this recording : Dancing Queen, Gimme ! Gimme! Gimme!, Take a Chance On Me, Mamma Mia, Winner Takes it All.

IanGUK wrote on June 21, 2008

Whys this marked for deletion ?

vassey wrote on June 21, 2008

Probably as it includes the sampler CD with the 5 tracks on rather than the released album

tbird57 wrote on June 26, 2008

the mamma mia movie soundtrack will be released in sydney austraila on the 05/07/08

solstrom wrote on July 2, 2008

Actually, there aren't 17 tracks but 18. Thanks to Ghost track wink So, for your information : it's "Thank you for the Music" in an accoustic version (only piano - voice) sung by, I suppose, Amanda Seyfried.

tbird57 wrote on July 2, 2008

why is Chiquitta not on the movie soundtrack its in the film

luvwicked wrote on August 9, 2008

"Chiquitita," "I Do! I Do! I Do!," and "Waterloo" (end credits) are all missing. I really hope they release something more extensive.

luvwicked wrote on August 9, 2008

Not to mention the "prologue" version of "I Have a Dream."

fshepinc wrote on August 10, 2008

I have heard from a well-placed source that the producers wanted the soundtrack to sound like a pop album, which is why the takes and mix are very different from the film. They are considering a special edition CD release that would include the missing songs, and perhaps include some of the versions that were actually used in the film.

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.