Godspell - 1972 Original London Cast

sloanpeters wrote on June 14, 2008

The cd listed is not the London cast, but the original Off-Broadway cast recording. The Original London cast has never been released on cd. The story goes that no one can locate the master tapes. Bell records was sold to Arista after the release and the tapes were lost in the transfer.

scullow wrote on September 18, 2009

My Father, Clive Chaplin was in the show at the Roundhouse & then at Wyndhams. I must have seen it over 30 times & loved it. As my Father has now passed away I wanted a copy of this on CD, & to my disbelief, found there wasnt one. So I found the album on eBay & a friend of mine transfered it to CD for me. I listen to it occasionally & it is just as amazeing at it was nearly 40 years ago. It's also quite emotional hearing my Father singing "On the Willows", his is the really high pitched voice. When he was in rehearsal & found he had to sing he nearly quit as the idea terrified him. We practised at home to help him get used to the idea & he was fine.

Paul Chaplin

fshepinc wrote on June 30, 2013

Paul, I just ran across this website with cast photos from the London production:

http://www.thebeautifulchanges.co.uk/godspell.htm

Maybe there's a good photo of your father there?

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.