Funny Girl - 1964 Original Broadway Cast

RenzoRienzi wrote on February 8, 2009

What ever happened to my entry of a soundboard recording of Barbara Streisand's last Broadway performance of FUNNY GIRL (with Johnny Desmond)? It appeard briefly with some mistakes on it, which I subsequently wrote corrections for, then it disappeared. I then wrote twice asking about it and no response/explanation was received. It takes a lot of time and effort to contribute to this database, and it's not appreciated when email inquiries are not answered. I haven't posted anything since. This entry may have been designated for deletion, I don't know, but there are still many, many audience and soundboard live recordings that are still listed. It's all disappointing, confusing and discouraging!

frontrowcentre wrote on April 29, 2014

Perhaps because it is not a legitimate release. Sure YOU may have a copy and a few other collectors but if someone sees it in the database where would they go to get a copy? It is a problem with any and all bootlegs of liver performances (not mention they are almost always recorded without the permission of the performers or authors.) I look to this page to find out about what recordings are available on shellac, vinyl or compact disc, and not to find multiple listings of poorly recorded tapes, no matter how historic the performances are.

"This website does not approve of the selling and/or trading of illegal copies and illegal bootlegs"

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.