Soul Music: Bring Him Home > BBC Radio 4
- Les Misérables (72)
- Claude-Michel Schönberg (198)
- Alain Boublil (157), Herbert Kretzmer (100) -- English Lyrics, Jean-Marc Natel (25)
- Alain Boublil (157), Jean-Marc Natel (25)
- Noncommercial Audio / Documentary
- England / London
- BBC Radio 4
- Karen Gregor
- Alfie Boe (32), Rebecca Caine (15), Herbert Kretzmer (100)
- Bring Him Home, from Les Miserables, is a beautiful and moving prayer-in-song that has developed meaning and identity outside the hit musical.
Taking part in the programme:
The celebrated tenor, Alfie Boe, has sung this many times in the West End and on Broadway; he discusses what the song means to him.
Herbert Kretzmer talks about the agonising process of writing the lyrics.
The Greater Manchester Police Male Voice Choir recorded a version especially for the programme; one of their members describes singing Bring Him Home at the funeral of PC Dave Phillips in November 2015.
The original Cosette, from Les Miserables, Rebecca Caine now sings this song - written for a male voice - regularly as part of international recitals.
And for Becky Douglas it will forever be a reminder of her daughter whose death inspired the foundation of a leprosy charity.
Jeremy Summerly, Director of Music at St Peter's College, Oxford plays through the piece and describes why it moves us emotionally.
- Radio Broadcast
- BBC Radio 4
- # Tracks
- 3 collectors / 2 wish lists
|1.||Bring Him Home|