The Magic Of The Musicals - Various Artists

ross wrote on August 6, 2012

DISC 1 – THE GOLDEN AGE 1. June Is Bustin’ Out All Over (from Carousel) – Peter Knight, his Orchestra and Chorus 2. Well, Did You Evah! (from High Society) – Denis Lotis and Carl Wayne 3. The Night They Invented Champagne (from Gigi) - Linzi Hamilton, Sian Phillips and Graham Bickley with the National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Martin Yates 4. 42nd Street (from 42nd Street) – The Tophatters with Leslie Lewis and his Orchestra 5. Chim Chim Cheree (from Mary Poppins) – Pete King, his Orchestra & Chorus 6. Hernado’s Hideaway (from The Pajama Game) – The Foursome with Roland Shaw and his Orchestra 7. If I Were A Rich Man (from Fiddler On The Roof) – Michal Sammes with Roland Shaw and his Orchestra 8. Seventy-Six Trombones (from The Music Man) – Peter Knight, his Orchestra and Chorus 9.They Say It’s Wonderful (from Annie Get Your Gun) – Bryan Johnson and Rita Williams with Hill Bowen and his Orchestra 10. Give My Regards To Broadway (from Little Johnny Jones) – Perry Botkin Jr, his Orchestra and Chorus 11. Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man (from Show Boat) – Elisabeth Welch with Gordon Langford and his Orchestra 12. Luck Be A Lady (from Guys And Dolls) – Fred Lucas with the Mike Sammes Male Chorus and Orchestra conducted by Alan Braden. 13. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (from Mary Poppis) – The Broadway Choir with the New Theater Orchestra 14. Oh! What A Beautiful Mornin’ (from Oklahoma!) – Placido Domingo with the London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Eugene Kahn 15. Wunderbar (from Kiss Me, Kate) – Thomas Allen and Diana Montague with the National Symphony Orchestra conducted by John Owen Edwards

DISC 2 – A FINE ROMANCE 1. Love Changes Everything (from Aspects Of Love) – John Dulieu 2. I Don’t Know How To Love Him (from Jesus Christ Superstar) – Elaine Paige with the Philharmonia Orchestra 3. On My Own (from Les Miserables) – Mary Carewe 4. What I Did For Love (from A Chorus Line) – Joan Baxter and the Mike Sammes Choir with Nick Ingham and his Orchestra 5. A Fine Romance (from Swing Time) – Julia Shore and Michael Law with the Piccadilly Dance Orchestra conducted by Michael Law 6. Cheek To Cheek (from Top Hat) – Janice Day and Michael Law with the Piccadilly Dance Orchestra conducted by Michael Law 7. Bewitched (from Pal Joey) – Judy Collins 8. Some Enchanted Evening (from South Pacific) – Ed Ames with Roland Shaw and his Orchestra 9. On The Street Where You Live (from My Fair Lady) - Henry Wickham with the National Symphony Orchestra conducted by John Owen Edwards 10. My Funny Valentine (from Babes In Arms) – Margaret Whiting with David Whitaker and his Orchestra 11. True Love (from High Society) – Salena Jones with the NSO Ensemble conducted by Paul Sawtell 12. Till There Was You (from The Music Man) – Rosemary Squires with Wally Stott and his Orchestra 13. Maria (from West Side Story) - Tom Saffery with Nick Ingham and his Orchestra 14. I Know Him So Well (from Chess) – Mary Carewe and Lee Gibson with David Firman and his Orchestra 15. Can You Feel The Love Tonight (from The Lion King) – Robert Meadmore with the West End Theatre Orchestra conducted by Matthew Freeman 16. I BelieveMy Heart (from The Woman In White) – Ben Cramer and Mary Carewe with the National Symphony Orchestra 17. Almost Like Being In Love (from Brigadoon) – Ethan Freeman and Janis Kelly with the National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Martin Yates 18. People Will Say We’re In Love (from Oklahoma!) – Margot Moser and Robert Paterson with Lee Roberts and his Orchestra

DISC 3 – THE SHOW TUNE SONGBOOK 1. There’ No Business Like Show Business (from Annie Get Your Gun) – Gemma Craven 2. Talk To The Animals (from Dr Dolittle) – Bing Crosby 3. Oh! What A Circus (from Evita) – David Essex 4. Any Dream Will Do (from Joseph And The Technicolor Dreamcoat) – Brian Conley 5. Over The Rainbow (from The Wizard Of Oz) – Sarah Vaughan 6. The Impossible Dream (from Man Of La Mancha) – Brian Blessed 7. The Last Night Of The World (from Miss Saigon) – Placido Domingo and Carly Simon with the London Symphony Orchestra 8. Send In The Clowns (from A Little Night Music) – Harry Secombe 9. Tonight (from West Side Story) – Placido Domingo with the London Symphony Orchestra 10. Embraceable You (from Girl Cray) – Judy Collins 11. All I Ask Of You (from Phantom Of The Opera) – Shirley Bassey 12. Memory (from Cats) – Elaine Paige 13. Summertime (from Porgy & Bess) – Sarah Vaughan 14. I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair (from South Pacific) – Bonnie Langford 15. Who Want’s To Be A Millionaire (from High Society) – Acker Bilk and Max Bygraves 16. The Lady Is A Tramp (from Babes In Arms) – Tony Bennett 17. I Get A Kick Out Of You (from Anything Goes) – Sandie Shaw 18. Mack Th Knife (from The Threepenny Opera) – Mary Carewe 19. All That Jazz (from Chicago) – Marti Webb with the West End Theatre Orchestra conducted by Matthew Freeman

DISC 4 – MEGA MUSICAL AND MOVIE MAGIC 1. Food Glorious Food (from Oliver!) – National Symphony Orchestra and Chorus conducted by John Owen Edwards 2. Grease (from Grease) – Mike Sammes with the Frank Barber and his Orchestra 3, Cabaret (from Cabaret) – Joan Baxter with Nick Ingham, his Chorus and Orchestra 4. Superstar (from Jesus Christ Superstar) – Carl Wayne and the Gordon Lorenz Singers 5. No Matter What (from Whistle Down The Wind) – Steve Butler with the West End Theatre Orchestra conducted by Matthew Freeman 6. The Perfect Year (from Sunset Boulevard) – New York Theater Orchestra and Choir 7. Somewhere (from West Side Story) – John Dulieu 8. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (from Jesus Christ Superstar) – Elaine Paige with the Philharmonia Orchestra 9. Starlight Express (from Starlight Express) – Ben Cramer 10. Copacabana – (from Copacabana) – Michael Dore with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Nick Davies 11. One Night In Bangkok (from Chess) – David Essex with the Philharmonia Orchestra 12. I Dreamed A Dream (from Les Miserables) – Petula Clark with Kenny Clayton and his Orchestra 13. Circle Of Life (from The Lion King) – Robert Meadmore with the West End Theatre Orchestra conducted by Matthew Freeman 14. Music Of The Night (from Phantom Of The Opera) – Mike Pearn with the Sinfonia of London conducted by Douglas Gamley 15. The Sound Of Music (from The Sound Of Music) – Bonnie Langford

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.