Sunset Boulevard - 2008 Dutch Cast

GuidoContini wrote on December 13, 2008

FantasmadaOpera wrote on December 13, 2008

Are you sure it will be Simone Kleinsma as Norma? The site doesn't say it, and now the one playing Norma is Pia Douwes. And I think its more probable they record Pia for sale since that would sell much better in markets outside Holand like Germany, Austria and USA.

GuidoContini wrote on December 14, 2008

I'm not sure which Norma will be on this recording cause "performers" of this recording were not added by me. big_smile

Erin wrote on December 14, 2008

At this moment there is no information about this release. It's not even 100% sure it's coming.

Simone and Pia will play (aprox.) the same amount of shows in the end. Who of the two leading ladies is not sure yet. There's talk about a single disc but also about a set with an extra cd with studio recorded tracks from Pia.

Hopefully the cd will be available in january as promised. It's still Stage Entertainment so you never know for sure wink

xMarie wrote on December 16, 2008

I just read this in a magazine (Backstage Musical): the cd of Sunset Boulevad, recorded during the premiere with Simone Kleinsma including bonus tracks of Pia Douwes and a Making Of.

Serenity wrote on December 26, 2008

I saw on bol.com that it's gonna have three discs, I can't imagine they would make a three disc set and only include one or two 'bonus tracks' with Pia when she's supposed to be equally sharing the role with Simone, that would be quite a disappointment. I guess we'll have to wait and see..

FantasmadaOpera wrote on December 26, 2008

Well if its a Gesamtaufnahme its normal that it has 2 discs. The 3rd is aparently the Making Of. So I wouldn't wander they would include just Pia's redention of the big Normas songs.

What I'm surprised is that they DON'T do it the other way. Pia has by far much more fans than Simone (more fans=more sales) even though Simone is great as Norma.

Erin wrote on December 26, 2008

Well... Pia has more foreign fans. Simone has done the opening night, which make is logical they chose for Simone.

Stage hasn't release a 'Gesamtaufnahme' since Miss Sagion in 1997. This will be a hightlights recording. Information on bol.com isn't always accurate.

choitoy wrote on January 8, 2009

Soundofmusic.de has officially added this info to their website:

Simone Kleinsma and Pia Douwes share the part of Norma Desmond in this Dutch touring production of the Lloyd-Webber masterpiece. This 3 disc set includes the cast recording starring Simone Kleinsma plus bonus tracks by Pia Douwes singing the big Norma solo numbers. Also included is a DVD part with backstage reports and rehearsal shots. In Dutch language.

FantasmadaOpera wrote on January 8, 2009

However they also state in the german version of the site that "all statements above are without assurance until the release of the CD." wink

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.