Milk and Honey - 1961 Original Broadway Cast

choitoy wrote on March 27, 2008

It looks like DRG Records might do a re-release of this long OOP cast album, as if you check the inside of their tray for "Say, Darling", it lists three albums after the Doris Day "Annie Get Your Gun"; "Kiss Me Kate/South Pacific (19113)" (which we know is upcoming), "Me and Juliet (19115)" (which was recently re-released by Flare in the UK?), and "Milk and Honey (19114)".

Hopefully this is true, as I've been serching for a CD copy, and even used copies are going for about $80-100.

Computerwhiz92 wrote on March 27, 2008

I hope it's true too, because I've been looking for this Cast Recording, and paying $80-100 just isn't in my budget. Thanks for the update!

choitoy wrote on May 1, 2008

The recent DRG release of Ethel Merman's "Happy Hunting" again lists "Milk and Honey (19114)" and "Me and Juliet (19115)", so hopefully that means it is coming soon (unlike "Ilya Darling", which keeps getting delayed and is not listed in the CD tray).

frontrowcentre wrote on June 30, 2008

Has anyone heard DRG's reissue? The sound on the RCA release was poor with numerous dropouts. At the time RCA claimed the master tapes were missing and they had to use a lesser quality secondary source. I just wonder if DRG's reissue uses the same source or a better one.

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.