Marguerite - 2008 Original London Cast

fshepinc wrote on July 22, 2008

Sorry, Amazon.com. I certainly wouldn't characterize the reviews as "ecstatic" -They were mixed, with most of the praise reserved for the performers and the sets. I sat through it recently. The whole thing was a colossal bore, staged by a director who'd never done a musical before (it looked like he'd never seen one, either). The talented cast did their best, but the book and score just aren't any good. The under 15 crowd in the audience loved it, but the grown-ups in the house sat stony-faced at the end. The man next to me refused to clap even during the bows. Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but a total bore.

jouke wrote on July 23, 2008

a amazing recording of a amazing show

gingerjarvis wrote on August 8, 2008

This is the track listing on Amazon.co.uk (and the one I've got)

1. Come One Come All 2. Let The World Turn 3. Jazz Time 4. China Doll 5. China Doll 6. Face I See 7. Time Was When 8. World Begins Today 9. Waiting 10. Day By Day 11. Intoxication 12. I Am Here 13. Take Good Care Of Yourself 14. Overture/Day By Day 15. Dream Shining Dreams 16. Take Good Care Of Yourself 17. I Hate The Very Thought Of Women 18. Letter 19. What's Left Of Love 20. Paris 21. Day By Day 22. How Did I Get To Where I Am 23. Day By Day 24. Come One Come All 25. Finale 26. Paris Est Libere

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.