Legs Diamond - 1988 Original Broadway Cast

RCKtrades wrote on February 3, 2008

Is this Arkiv reissue in fact a reissue or simply the RCA print as sold by Arkiv?? It appears to me that this listing is an attempt to generate sales from Arkiv...

hitormiss wrote on February 3, 2008

Arkiv now has a line of licensed CD-R releases with reprinted liner notes + cover inserts, which includes LEGS DIAMOND. I would consider these to be a different release than the original.

RCKtrades wrote on February 4, 2008

Thanks, I stand corrected!

BklynCollector wrote on February 4, 2008

Actually, Arkivmusic states that this released does NOT include liner notes, so personally, I would not consider this a new release, just a new reselling, especially since they clearly state that they are using CD-R Media

thecrazyowl wrote on February 27, 2008

Hi there. I am new here and was wondering about the Arkiv records too. Having checked the Arkiv site and the comments here, I agree with BklynCollector that these are NOT new releases, also considering that CD-R's are not readable with all CD-Players. Selling these records outside the US could also interfere with copy right laws (as rights for certain recordings are held by different record companies outside the US). However,we can be thankful to Arkiv, as the are keeping out-of-print recordings alive.

thecrazyowl wrote on February 27, 2008

PS: I think there should be a general discussion about this here, not just under the header of the Legs Diamonds recording.

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.