Jerome Kern Revisited, Vol. 4 - 1983 Studio Cast

AndyW wrote on October 17, 2007

Most of these tracks were added to the CD releases of JKRev Vols. I - III, as below:-

Side One 1. Tonight is Opening Night - JKRev I 2. Day Dreaming - JKRev II 3. The Shorty George - JKRev I 4. April Fooled Me - JKRev I 5. Two Hearts Are Better Than One - JKRev III 6. Medley from GENTLEMEN UNAFRAID - JKRev III

Side Two 1. Bullfrog Patrol - JKRev II 2. What's Good About Goodnight - JKRev I 3. Dance Like a Fool - NOT on JKRev I-III 4. Nice to Be Near - NOT on JKRev I-III 5. Left All Alone Again Blues - JKRev III 6. That Lucky Fellow - JKRev I 7. Once In A Million Moons - NOT on JKRev I-III 8. Cover Girl - JKRev I

Geoconno wrote on October 17, 2007

In addition to the three recordings ("Dance Like a Fool", "Nice to Be Near", "One in a Million Moons") that AndyW notes are NOT on the CD transfers, Blythe Walker's recording of "Two Hearts Are Better than One" does NOT appear on JKRev III CD (it is replaced with a recording by Ann Hampton Callaway) and "Cover Girl" uses only the 1:02 portion of the song sung by the chorus while the LP track runs about 3:50 (the LP label says 3:05 and the LP jacket says 4:05) with a vocal by Larry Conroy that is NOT on the CD. My count has ten tracks from the four Jerome Kern LP volumes that did not make the transfer to the three CD volumes.

AndyW wrote on October 17, 2007

Apologies, I missed the Calloway/Walker discrepancy and the timing difference. It would be very informative to know which other tracks are missing from Bagley LP/CD transfers if possible.

Geoconno wrote on October 17, 2007

LP tracks from the Ben Bagley JEROME KERN REVISITED series that didn't get transferred to CD:

Volume II The Sun About to Rise - John O'Hurley Drift with Me - Joanne Woodward The Land Where the Good Songs Go - Blythe Walker and chorus

Volume III Go Little Boat - Joanne Woodward Shadow of the Moon - Ginny Crutcher

Volume IV Two Hearts Are Better Than One - Blythe Walker Dance Like a Fool - Andy Anselmo Nice to Be Near - David Gebel Once in a Million Moons - Blythe Walker Cover Girl - Larry Conroy

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.