Gypsy - 2008 Broadway Revival Cast

Minx_the_Dog wrote on May 31, 2008

Does the 6 track Tony sampler count as a release?

sdrival wrote on May 31, 2008

I believe so. Isn't it only five tracks though?

Minx_the_Dog wrote on May 31, 2008

My mistake, it is FIVE tracks, not six. Sorry . . . and I even OWN IT! 1) Some People 2) If Mama Was Married 3) Everything is Coming Up Roses 4) Wherever We Go 5) Rose's Turn

bem wrote on June 2, 2008

my god how many gypsy cd's do we need.

nicwilly wrote on June 22, 2008

why would they revive Gypsy on Broadway after only 5 years!

mrscrimarson wrote on June 22, 2008

because LuPone has to play every role that Angela Lansbury played so her loyal fans will worship her and tell her she did it best

Computerwhiz92 wrote on June 22, 2008

She's played two Angela roles. And it wasn't even Angela's role to begin with. It was Merman's,

I won't say LuPone did it best (and I am a huge fan), but she doesn't sound like crap if that's what you're inferring.

So should nobody play Dolly Levi, or Sally Adams because Ethel Merman played them?

mrscrimarson wrote on June 23, 2008

Three. She also played Angela's role in Anyone Can Whistle.

I wasn't inferring she sounds like crap, I like Patti LuPone. I just get sick of her fans screaming that every role she plays she does it the best.

Computerwhiz92 wrote on June 23, 2008

Ah, forgot about that.

Well, if they feel that she does it best, who are we to complain? We have our opinions, and they have theirs.

luvwicked wrote on July 1, 2008

I agree. A revival of GYPSY opening less than four years after the most recent one (with the amazing Bernadette Peters) closed is kind of "too soon" for my tastes. And I also agree about LuPone's fans. To them, she can do no wrong. But, as Computerwhiz said, let them have their opinions.

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.