Evita - 1990 Israeli Cast

evitainternational wrote on December 25, 2007

The cassette is a LIVE version and the LP is a studio version - they are completely different - except for the cast. This may be better as TWO separate entries (like the Evita Tokyo highlights and the Evita Tokyo LIVE recordings).

Moncure wrote on December 26, 2007

My cassette is the original Israeli cast in a studio while the LP is the same cast with narration and applause.

evitainternational wrote on December 26, 2007

OK, boys and girls, Evita history for you...

The Tel Aviv production has at least THREE recordings (all of which are rightly listed separately on this site). For those of you not familiar with Evita, this isn't odd when you consider two recordings of the Original Tokyo Production were released in the same year - only one was LIVE and one was a STUDIO recording.

Only one is the Original Israeli Cast Album. That is the "cassette" version which is LIVE but with *NO* narration. It is also a highlights version. [Hed Arzi 15439] Is there an LP of this? I don't know.

There is a radio broadcast which is LIVE, complete and has some rather intrusive Hebrew-speaking narrators. The copy someone sent me was on CD, but it's HIGHLY probable that this was originally on an LP - and *that* is probably the LP you are talking about Moncure.

The last is the supposed "rarity" but everyone and their brother has it now. I bought it on eBay from a guy who told me only 50 were made. Now, I've seen the same listing recently that said only 100 were made. Probably everyone in the Middle East has a copy. But I digress... the last is the "DJ Only" LP which is definitely a studio recording. It also says, "for DJ only" on the cover (the back cover is blank). It uses the same pre-recorded orchestra that the 1980 Madrid version used. That isn't so odd because comparing the Australian and South African recordings - it sounds like they used the same "orchestra" or at least the same orchestrations.

Moncure, could you upload a picture of your LP and cassette for comparison?

Moncure wrote on December 26, 2007

Hey evitainternational. Thanks for the info. I'm listening to the Israeli "Evita" on cassette as I type this and you are correct - this was recorded in the theatre as I can clearly hear applause after a couple of selections. Sorry for any confusion on my end. My Israeli LP "Evita" (intrusive Hebrew-speaking narrators and all) has the same cover shown on this page with the back being blank. It also includes a 15x19 1-sheet poster(!) of the show with numerous stills and production credits. The back of the poster is filled with additional information.

evitainternational wrote on December 26, 2007

Weird - I got that same poster (none of the pictures are of the Israeli cast though). However, my LP is definitely a studio recording.

Archivist wrote on December 28, 2009

Song titles in Hebrew and performers:rnrn1. Eyze Kirkas (Oh What A Circus) - Vicky Tavorrn2. Layla Ze Elef Kohavim (On This Night Of A Thousand Stars) - Sasi Keshetrn3. Buenos Aires - Ricky Galrn4. Ehye Tova Leha (I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You) Ricky Gal & Eli Gorensteinrn5. Vehakesef Zaram Zaram (And The Money Keeps Rolling In) Vicky Tavorrn6. Hi Yahalom (She Is A Diamond) - Eli Gorensteinrn7. Al Na Tivki Argentina (Don't Cry For Me, Argentina) - Ricky Galrn8. Al Gag Ha'olam (High Flying Adored) - Vicky Tavorn9. Ma Yihye Iti (Another Suitcase In Another Hall) - Irit Anavirn10. Argentina Hadasha (A New Argentina) - Companyrn11. Kina (Lament) - Ricky Gal rnrnI added this as an update to the database, but never sure when these are processed.

avihay87 wrote on June 30, 2011

Where I can get the Cassette versions ? I really wanna listen to it

BSo wrote on January 26, 2012

Hey -

Anyone have a copy of any version of the show? Even on computer? Would love to listen to it and have been totally unable to track it down.

NL wrote on January 26, 2012

Hey -

Anyone have a copy of any version of the show? Even on computer? Would love to listen to it and have been totally unable to track it down.

My email is under my profile.

Thanks!

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.