Evita 1976 Concept R. 20th anniversary 2CD ed. mislabeled CDs

pify wrote on November 22, 2013

Today, I've borrowed the 20th anniversary 2 CD ("blue") edition of the original Evita concept album recording from a local library. How big was my surprise, when I've found discs labeled "Premiere American Recording" inside. Also, the professionally (by manufacturer) printed tracklist on the discs is from the American recording (includes "The Art Of The Possible" instead of "The Lady's Got Potential", and "Peron's Latest Flame" instead of "Dangerous Jade"). Firstly, I thought that someone in the library put Original Broadway Cast Recording into the "Concept album" jewel case, by mistake, but not! If you play the discs, it is the concept album, first ever Evita recording. So the only thing wrong is the label of the discs, the recording itself and all printed materials are correct. I'm sure about it, for example Che sings about insecticide etc. Am I the first one to encounter this edition with mislabeled discs, or is it the known issue? The labels of the discs are totally original, not something what the library or anyone else could add (sticker, handwriting, etc.).

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.