Cats - 1982 Original Broadway Cast

choitoy wrote on January 28, 2009

I updated the release info for Cats with barcode # 73145214632. It is currently incorrectly listed as the Decca remastered re-release, with incorrect dates of release. This is actually the Polydor/Really Useful Records re-release (of the original Geffen release) from 1993. The cover is also incorrect, as it is just the eyes and the "Cats" text, with no other text on the cover.

YiPeng wrote on October 25, 2009

Has anyone listened to the new remastered Decca Broadway release of the recording and compared it with the original Geffen 2-CD release? I don't think my stereo is reliable for me to tell the difference between the two. And I hope that the remastered version hasn't suffered from the "loudness war" and compression. I own both the original and the remastered version, and looking at the credits I'm sure the remastered version is quite well-produced. Looking at the credit of Nick Webb as the remastering engineer, I can tell he really did a sensible job in remastering the recording. But I thought I could seek your opinions when mine aren't that reliable...

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.