Aladdin - 1995 Portuguese Soundtrack

FantasmadaOpera wrote on March 22, 2009

This Recording: 1 either doesn't exist in reality and is ripped from the DVD or 2 the date cannot be 1995 because when Aladdin was released in Portugal it was the brazilian dub. The portuguese dub was only made when the DVD was released in 2004 wink

disney57 wrote on March 22, 2009

Thank you for your concerns. All of the CD's I have listed are official recordings. These may be Brazilian performers but the CD was purchased from Portugal. Here's the performers for the sung tracks: 1. Pedro Lopes 2. Unlisted 3. Joseph Carasso, Jr. 4. Music 5. Joseph Carasso, Jr. 6. Mario Simoes 7. Music 8. Mario Simoes 9. Kika Tristao and Joseph Carasso, Jr. 10. Music 11. Jorge Jose Ramos

FantasmadaOpera wrote on March 22, 2009

Those performers are indeed brazilian and the CD is the brazilian version. So I don't think it qualifies as "Portuguese Soundtrack" 'cause its brazilian, not portuguese. wink

disney57 wrote on March 22, 2009

I agree, it's not really Portuguese. I do however have my collection arranged by location, and since it was released in Europe, it will remain in my Portugal group. Thank you for the information about the DVD. I had it as well, and didn't realize it had the true Portugal Portuguese singers. Hooray!

FantasmadaOpera wrote on March 23, 2009

Yes but my point is that, in this database it's not of use to have a duplicate recording just because they were sold in different countries wink

disney57 wrote on March 24, 2009

I thought this was a database of all soundtrack recordings and their different releases. I, for one, try to collect every catalog number of each release. This site is a great resource because I have found several catalog numbers of CD's that I didn't know existed, and now I must try to find the CD for my collection. I guess this site can and will be used in many different ways. My best to all collectors and how and what they collect.

FantasmadaOpera wrote on March 24, 2009

Well I guess Matt will have to clarify this once he can wink

Erin wrote on March 24, 2009

I thought it was a database of castrecordings, hihi... ;-)

FantasmadaOpera wrote on March 24, 2009

Yeah but Matt himself added some Disney stuff too, and Disney movies can be considered a form of Musical, after all the songs make the story evolve and are part of it wink

Erin wrote on March 25, 2009

To me this is a musicaldatabase. Which can be a movie or be a stage production or...? You name it.

It was a joke.. ;-)

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.