A Doll's Life - CD or LP?

DannyBoy wrote on April 17, 2016

I'm entering some of my LPs today and came upon this odd case. My LP copy of A DOLL'S LIFE is a CBS Special Products release with an ID of P18846. There's a similar listing in the database but it's a CD. Was there and identical code issued to both the CD and LP on this? I think it's unlikely that I'm the first one who wants to add this LP to the database. Any consensus out there?

Geoconno wrote on April 17, 2016

I suspect the CD listing is an error and should be listed as an LP. I find no evidence that A DOLL'S LIFE was released as a CBS Special Products CD but I could be wrong.

MusicalMania wrote on April 17, 2016

I did a Google search and the only release on CBS is the LP which you have. So what's listed here is probably an error and should read LP not CD.

Usually when LPs are released on CD on the same label they keep the same ID but with an extra letter to distinguish them from the Original LP. For example the OBC of Evita on MCA is LP = MCA 2-11007 and CD = MCAD2-11007.

MrEgerman wrote on April 21, 2016

The user contributions to this lovely site are amazing but also rife with errors especially regarding albums with varying CD/LP/78 releases.

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.