Digital Storing of Your Collection

HectorCoris wrote on May 29, 2012

Hi! I just spent an incredible amount of time sorting my CDs over the last week and adding my collection to the CastAlbums site (which is amazing, btw!).

Curious if any of you have the majority of your recordings "Digitized" and saved on a hard-drive or other accessible device.

I'm considering ripping all my CDs (again, an incredible feat) and storing them on a portable hard-drive.

Since a lot of my recordings are coming in digitally anyhow (iTunes and elsewhere), it seems to make more sense to store them digitally.

I really have no room to store jewel-cases or Digipaks anymore.

Curious about how you all store your collection.

Thanks in advance! HECTOR

musicman0976 wrote on June 2, 2012

Hetor, I am in the process of ditizing my collection (an increadible feat, as well) and storing on a hard drive. What I am also doing is uploading to the Amazon Cloud. This is so I can have access to my collection anywhere I am at any time. I have a Kindle Fire, so I can access my complete collection by streaming from the cloud through th Kindle Fire wherever I have Wi-fi. I also have an android smartphone, so I can access through there when I am not around Wi-fi. You can also stream from your computer at home by doing a simple search for what you want to hear in the cloud. I would highly recommend looking into cloud storage as well as storing on an external drive. Not only do you have a secondary back up, but you also have easy access to your collection wherever you are. Google has a cloud, and I'm sure there are others. Costs differ (The Amazon Cloud is very inexpensive and therre is unlimited mp3 storage included in the cost, which is not always the case - so do your research before choosing). Also, make sure your mp3s are titled the way you want. With the Amazon cloud, once the mp3s are uploaded you cannot edit them. For an organizational freak like me, it drives me crazy when tracks are listed as from an unknown album or artist. It will also make finding what you want much easier.

Hope this helps Johnny

HectorCoris wrote on July 5, 2012

Thanks! I'll look up into the "clouds"! Great suggestion!

Post a Reply

Want to post a reply? Log In or Register an Account.